Our good fur buddy, Chase the Sheltie told us about this neat blogging event so we told Mom we wanted to do it.
Here’s where Chase found it: 2015 Pet Blogger Contest
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
We started this blog the end of April in 2011. The blog is primarily the work of my two cats Hemingway, a long-haired Tuxedo, and Shakespeare, a long-haired orange Tabby. They let their readers know what they are thinking and what things intrigue them. They are both rescue cats and provide tons of entertainment.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
With the help of another local blogger, we were able to make yet another blogger and her kitty very happy during Christmas. We were the local elves and it was so much fun.
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
Have fun. There are so many neat humans and fur people out there and there is so much to learn from everyone. Share those funny and cute pictures. Share your thoughts.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
I haven’t really been pushing to get lots of traffic, but the best way is through common tags and checking on blogs that others are reading. Comment on the ones that really touch you. Be sure to use your “like” option.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
I guess the most popular one last year was when the boys posted several pictures of themselves playing outside in all the fall leaves at the end of September.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
The post I wrote about the special qualities of Shakespeare. He’s Mr. Independent, but he shows me in special ways how much he loves me.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
I don’t do product reviews or giveaways.
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
I used to do book reviews so it might be fun to review things for pets.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Just relax. There are lots and lots of people out there in the blog world and it’s fun to communicate with them.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
I’m hoping to get more special pictures of my boys. I’m also hoping to experiment more with various graphics.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
As I mentioned above, I haven’t been pushing to get lots of followers. I just let it happen. Maybe I’d like to work on introducing more people to the crazy activities of my two boys.