Long ago I was adopted by my Mom. I’m going to be seven on Christmas Eve. That’s a paw and two claws! I’m wise……at least I think so. Well, with the addition of this little “spitfire”, I’ve realized some very important things.
- I used to be a morning kitty and an evening kitty. I still get up really early ‘cuz Mom’s brother gets up early and he feeds us. However, I’m too tired to party late at night now. (Kind of like Mom! MOL!!!)
- Toys are fun only at certain times. Steinbeck thinks toys are to be played with twenty-four hours a day!
- I have certain toys I really like. Steinbeck thinks EVERYTHING is a toy……including Mom’s toes!
- I like to sit in the window and watch what’s happening outside. Steinbeck has learned that trick and now he always wants to join me.
- I don’t like medicine in my food but since Steinbeck came, Mom has to give me some medicine to make sure I’m safe.
- I like to wait for Mom when she comes home from work. Now Steinbeck tries to join in and get all the attention.
In conclusion, it’s hard being an older brother, but I’m kind of getting used to this little one. Sometimes I have to swat him ‘cuz he’s obnoxious, but I try not to swat too hard. I’m hoping that he’ll eventually settle down. At least he doesn’t try to curl up with me when we’re both on Mom’s bed. I want to cuddle with Mom…….not him!