Long ago I was adopted by my Mom. I’m going to be seven on Christmas Eve. That’s a paw and two claws! I’m wise……at least I think so. Well, with the addition of this little “spitfire”, I’ve realized some very important things.
- I used to be a morning kitty and an evening kitty. I still get up really early ‘cuz Mom’s brother gets up early and he feeds us. However, I’m too tired to party late at night now. (Kind of like Mom! MOL!!!)
- Toys are fun only at certain times. Steinbeck thinks toys are to be played with twenty-four hours a day!
- I have certain toys I really like. Steinbeck thinks EVERYTHING is a toy……including Mom’s toes!
- I like to sit in the window and watch what’s happening outside. Steinbeck has learned that trick and now he always wants to join me.
- I don’t like medicine in my food but since Steinbeck came, Mom has to give me some medicine to make sure I’m safe.
- I like to wait for Mom when she comes home from work. Now Steinbeck tries to join in and get all the attention.
In conclusion, it’s hard being an older brother, but I’m kind of getting used to this little one. Sometimes I have to swat him ‘cuz he’s obnoxious, but I try not to swat too hard. I’m hoping that he’ll eventually settle down. At least he doesn’t try to curl up with me when we’re both on Mom’s bed. I want to cuddle with Mom…….not him!
19 thoughts on “Things I’ve Learned……….”
You sure are doing a good job learning to be a big brother !
Thank you…….but sometimes it’s very tiring!
Tell me about little bro/sis. The stupidness takes awhile to get through but then they are easier to get along with but they still try weird stuff so you have to be on your toes and when they push….push back harder Hemingway.
You are doing a great job with Steinbeck.
Thank you! 🙂
I wouldn’t hold my breath on that last part, Hemingway!
You are a very wise cat, my dear Hemingway!
Thank you, Herman. I’ve been watching Mr. Bowie. 🙂
Oh Hemingway…….adjusting to change gets tougher as we get older BUTTT I just bet when the weather turns cold and you’re on Mom’s bed at night, Steinbeck will make a nice little “pillow” to keep you warm! HAHAHA
We’ll just have to wait and see, Sammy!
I’ve never been a big brother, but I’m pretty sure it’s the big brother who gets to make the rules. Somebody has to teach the little guy what’s OK – and more importantly – what’s NOT.
Love and licks,
Cupcake, it’s a tough job but somebody has to do it! MOL!
It’s tough being a big brother, but what you can do, Hemingway, is teach Steinbeck all the things you want him to do. Little brothers are eager to learn. 🙂
I’m working on it! 🙂
Hemingway, you have a great soul, you understand that little kitten, he is not bad, he just doesn’t know yet how to be a cat. You are a good example for the kitten.
Kosmo, thank you so much for the kind words.
Adorbs-a-pie. My cat is an undercover guardian angel. (Purring = galactic wing vibration.)