Hemingway and I decided to talk about Mom’s week.
We’ve discovered a pattern and we
decided to change the names of the days of the week so they fit Mom’s lifestyle.
Even though I’m still kind of young, I helped!!!
Yes you did. In fact, you came up with some pretty good ideas.
- Moanday: This is the day that Mom seems to hate. It’s the first day of her work week and she always says it comes way too fast. We don’t notice much difference, but we’re not humans. We do notice that Mom hits her snooze button lots and lots of times.
- Snoozeday: This is the second day of the work week and Mom claims that she’s already tired from getting up early on Moanday, so it’s hard for her to stay awake at work. This is especially true if the sun is not shining.
- Willitendday: We finally get to the middle of the week and Mom is wondering if it will ever end. She starts looking forward to the weekend, but knows she still has lots of hours before she’s free from the office.
- Throwawayday: Mom says this day is really hard. For one thing, she has choir practice so that means she doesn’t come home after work. She usually does some errands and then heads over to church. Then she doesn’t get home until really, really late (in our minds) and all she wants to do is fall into bed. She’s no fun.
- Finallyday: It’s here! The last day of the work week and Mom is practically dancing on air. She’s so excited knowing that she gets two days off.
- Satisfiedday: Mom turns off her alarm for this morning, but we usually wake her up anyway. After all, just ‘cuz she’s not going to work doesn’t mean that we should eat late! Mom uses this day to do errands and fun things.
- Slumpday: Oh no. Mom is starting to think about Moanday already. She has to get up early for church so at least we don’t have to wake her to feed us. However, she seems kind of sad as she thinks about going back to the office.
Our conclusion: Humans were created to stay home and play with the fur people. Those work things seem to get in the way. The world would be a happier place if the humans and fur people could just play, eat and nap in sun puddles. This holds true especially for our human!! Just our thoughts.
Mom, we wish every day could be Satisfiedday for you!!!